Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

New Month-New Projects

Wow! Time flies and now the summer is over... So it is back to blogging about projects and pieces currently being developed.
I am starting to experiment with acrylics, gesso and collage.... I don't know if I like the gesso on canvas technique.
I have done two pieces today. The first one is called "Sandias" and it measures 20cmx20cm.
I think it is still a work in progress, maybe I shall add another layer to it, as I find it a bit dull.

The second piece is called "Blue Dreams" and measures 30cmX30cm. The first picture shows an earlier stage of the piece where you can see more of the writing "etched" on the gesso and the basic form of the girl.

This is the final piece. I find that the composition and the technique are working much better here (but then this time I did not started with a layer of printed paper). Plus I really like the echoes of the forms in the piece. This was not intentional, I just realized that I have repeated the forms after I was done.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work! I especially like "Blue Dreams." Definitely dreamy... definitely well done!

    ReplyDelete